Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reflections

This has been a pretty hectic and tough semester for me in all of my classes, but I can honestly say that I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Indian Epics. Coming into this class, I hadn't stretched my creative writing muscles since high school, and I was really rusty. After this semester though, I think that I'm not only warmed up again but a much more creative writer than I've ever been. For my first story, I was barely able to come up with enough to say, and it took me a very long time to get through it. Now, I can knock out a thousand word story in under an hour. That's not to mention how much more I know about Hindu mythology now after reading through the Ramayana and Mahabharata. I think the best thing I've gotten from this class though is a new perspective on writing in general, and I think that will make me a better writer in any setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment